Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Know the Facts

We're almost a month away from the grand departure from Arcata, CA!!! (yikes)

Since I won't be doing the full ride (only the flat, 1980's 10-speed worthy portions), I am doing a different kind of "training" that I think you all would benefit from as well...

How to talk to a Climate Skeptic

Knowing the facts about climate change, the basics of how that information is compiled, and where the holes/doubts are in the available science is will be very important to having intelligent, productive conversations with the people we meet along the ride. (If possible, I think that Alex Hooker should all give us a lesson on "verbal judo" too.)

Plus, since I'll be driving a 15-passenger van for the majority of our 350 mile journey, I feel like I need to brush up on my case for taking action on big-picture environmental legislation, and the nitty-gritty of why (despite my gas guzzling vehicle) I think 350 is the most important number on the planet.

Study up!


P.S. Also, while you're on Grist's website, you should check out this somewhat frightening article about what 1 degree of temperature change could do for CA wildfires. (double yikes)


hint:

No comments:

Post a Comment