Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Alright, we need to stop again."


This photo was taken by Hanna Jakobson. She flew from her home country of Sweden to Vancouver to ride her bike south from there to central America. Along the way she met up with us through a friend of a friend and on the fourth day of riding I rode sweep and when we came around the bend into this view I wished I'd had my camera and was thankful that she wanted to stop. We spent most of the day together exploring the coast, meeting people, and stopping to get a better sense of the scope of what we were seeing. I had the pleasure of the surprise of a leisurely seventy mile ride in the company of this wonderfully intuitive and observant woman who, by the end of our trip, was as much a part of our team as any of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment